When FSD receives the request for Respite Care the caseworker will:
- Verify the claimant’s current Title XIX status:
- If the claimant is currently Title XIX eligible, the worker will notify the Division of Senior Services worker of current Title XIX eligibility dates and the request for Respite Care, by using the (IM-54) Referral for Services form or by verbal confirmation.
- If the claimant is not currently Title XIX eligible, the worker will:
- Take an MA (spend down/non-spend down) application.
- If the request was from a source other than the Division of Senior Services, the IM worker will notify the Senior Services worker of the request for Respite Care Services, by sending: An IM-54, Referral for Services form indicating Title XIX eligibility determination in process and Respite Care Services requested.
- Complete the IM eligibility determination (a DA124A/B is NOT required); and
- Notify the Division of Senior Services worker of Title XIX eligibility or ineligibility. (On approvals, beginning and ending Title XIX dates must be reported to the Senior Services worker, for Title XIX billing purposes). The IM-54 or a copy of the approval or rejection letter may be used as the vehicle for notifying the Senior Services worker.
- The IM worker will keep the Division of Senior Services worker informed of any changes of circumstances affecting the client’s Title XIX eligibility, on an ongoing basis, including the results of reinvestigations and any changes in Title XIX eligibility dates.