IM-136 September 1, 2020; IM-33 March 29, 2012
If the applicant/child is disabled, determine eligibility using MO HealthNet for Disabled Children (MHDC) criteria (see 0805.020.00 Medical Assistance for Disabled Children (MADC)).
- If the child meets the definition of living with his/her parent(s) at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for 30 days or less):
- Deem the resources of the parents when determining eligibility. This includes a stepparent who is married to the biological or adoptive parent residing in the home, and parents who are same-sex couples.
- Deem the income of the parent(s) according to 0805.020.15 Deeming Parental Income when completing the surplus determination.
- If the disabled child was not living with his/her parent at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for more than 30 days):
- Consider only the individual child’s (and their spouse’s) resources when determining eligibility. Do not deem the resources of the parents.
- Do not deem the income of the parent(s) when completing the surplus determination.
If the applicant/child is not disabled, determine eligibility for a child under age 18 based on MHF or MHK criteria for poverty level children (see 1810.000.00 MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) and 1830.000.00 MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) – Non-CHIP Coverage).
Note: Children institutionalized temporarily who are eligible at this level of care, will be immediately dis-enrolled from Managed Care.