Take the following steps to approve a case as QMB only:
- Approve the QMB case under the “Q” type of assistance using case action “08” in field 5 of the IM-5/IMU5.
- Show QMB eligibility with an entry of “Y” in field 13M1, and the beginning date of eligibility in field 13M2. REMEMBER – THE BEGINNING DATE OF QMB ELIGIBILITY CANNOT PRECEDE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING THE MONTH YOU MAKE THE DETERMINATION.NOTE: The month of determination is the month eligibility is established, regardless of when the IMU5 transaction is entered.
- Complete the rest of the form as for any other approval, except make no entry for Title XIX Eligibility Date or Level of Care.
- Send form IM-32(QMB) to the claimant to provide notice of approval as a QMB recipient.
- Send a copy of the IM-4(QMB).