Family Support Division (FSD) locations are required to keep a log of all voter registration application forms and declination forms that are received. A declination is when an individual marks “No” and signs or does not sign the back of the Missouri Voter Registration Application, or declines to declare.
The log must include columns to record the date, the individual’s name, the individual’s date of birth, and to indicate the individual’s response of Yes; No; No, Already Registered; or Declined to Declare to the question from the form “If you are not registered to vote where you live now, would you like to apply to register to vote here today?”.
Log as Yes:
- If the individual marks the box “yes”, completes the form, and signs the form or does not sign the form.
- If the individual does not mark the “yes” box but completes the application portion of the form, and signs the form or does not sign the form.
Log as No:
- If the individual marks the box “no”, and signs the form or does not sign the form.
- If the individual marks the box “yes” but then takes the form with her/him to complete later (FSD staff will complete a separate form checking “no” in these instances)
- If the individual marks the box “yes”, does not complete the form, and indicates that s/he is ineligible to register to vote.
Log as No Already Registered:
- If the individual marks the box No, already registered at current address and signs the form or does not sign the form.
Log as Declined to Declare:
- If the individual declines to mark any box on the Missouri Voter Registration Application form.
Do not log No or Declined to Declare in ITrackRS if the VR-100 or MO 231-0167 is not returned with an application for benefits or review form that the individual submitted by mail or fax.
Do not log No or Declined to Declare in ITrackRS if an individual is in the FSD location to see another agency and declines to complete a voter registration application.
Do not make an entry in ITrackRS if a blank Missouri Voter Registration Application (MO 231-0167) or VR-100 is received in the mail.
Include in ITrackRS the name of the individual returning a Missouri Voter Registration Application (MO-231-0167) or VR-100 in the appropriate Yes or No column if there is a box checked on the form.
ITrackRS received or created on or after June 26, 2013, shall be retained for 24 months after they were received or created. ITrackRS may be destroyed thereafter following departmental policy for destruction of records containing sensitive or confidential information.