zz – Obsolete

1215.050.00 Parents as Child Care Providers

CD11-91/OEC-20 – October 17, 2011

When parents apply for child care assistance and report child care as their form of self employment, the Eligibility Specialist (ES) must inform the parent that child care cannot be authorized for parents to send their own children to another provider, so they can be paid to provide direct care to other child care subsidy children.  The ES should use the Child Care-Self Employment code (CC) when processing the application.

The ES should coordinate with the appropriate Child Care Provider Relations Unit staff, when these issues arise, as the parent should not be registered as a child care provider in order to provide direct care for subsidy children, while their own children are sent to another provider. This is not allowed as the parent is able to provide care for their own children.