zz – Obsolete


Notify the household in writing at least ten (10) calendar days in advance, when it becomes known from child care licensing staff that the provider’s license will lapse.  Submit a copy of the notification to the provider.  The Child Care Licensing staff will notify county offices of this lapse.  Local office procedure must be established to notify staff having cases with children in these facilities so that they can notify families.  Assist the family, if requested, in securing an alternative provider.  Close authorization on the date of license expiration, or earlier if the child moves to a new provider.  Open authorization in the reimbursement system if the provider is caring for 4 or less unrelated children.  If the family chooses to change providers, open an authorization with the new provider immediately.