APPLICANT AND CLIENT RIGHT TO APPEAL
- RSB staff inform the applicant or client that they must make a written request for a review to the OBS Program Manager.
- The supervisory review is held within 30 days of receipt of the request, during normal working hours and at the district office where the applicant’s or client’s case record is located.
- RSB staff members who were involved in case activities that led to the disputed decision are available for testimony.
- During the review process, the applicant, client or, if appropriate, the individual’s parent, guardian or other representative, or agency may present additional evidence, information and witnesses and may be represented by counsel or other appropriate advocate and may examine all witnesses and other relevant sources of information and evidence.
- The OBS Program Manager informs all persons present of the purpose of the supervisory review and of the confidentiality of all matters that will be discussed.
- Before the review begins, the applicant or client must present written authorization to discuss confidential information in the presence of counsel and witnesses.
- Within 10 working days following the supervisory review, the OBS Program Manager notifies the applicant or client by certified mail of the decision and sends a copy of the decision to the Deputy Director, RSB.
- If a client disagrees with the decision of the OBS Program Manager, they may request, in writing, a review by the Deputy Director of RSB. Such requests must be made within twenty (20) days of the mailing of the Program Manager’s decision. The Deputy Director shall notify the applicant or client of the date, time and location of the review, along with their right to submit additional evidence and information.
- Necessary travel and subsistence costs incurred for an applicant or client to attend a supervisory review may be paid from OBS case service funds only when RSB gives prior authorization for payment.
The review by the Deputy Director/designee must be held within thirty (30) calendar days of RSB’s receipt of the client’s request for review. The client will be notified of the results of this review by certified mail.