An SP-Only or SSI-SP recipient loses eligibility the SP grant when he/she:
- moves out of state (not just visiting),
- cannot be located,
- is no longer eligible for SSI including suspension of SSI benefits and does not meet SP-Only eligibility,
- enters an institution in which benefits cannot be paid by DFS, or
- VOLUNTARILY withdraws from or terminates SSI benefits.NOTE: Ineligibility for public assistance is effective for the month in which the withdrawal or termination from SSI is effective. (Regulation 40-2.140).
Follow adverse action procedures, as applicable, and close the case.
Cancel close the case and restore SP-Only or SSI-SP status if the recipient:
- returns to the state,
- is located or leaves the institution,
- regains eligibility for SSI.
Refer to Common Procedures of Conversion Categories.