FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: REFERRAL FOR FINANCIAL EXPLOITATION SECTION OF THE DECEMBER 1973 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS POLICY UPDATE
MANUAL REVISION #37
This memorandum introduces revisions to the Referral for Financial Exploitation section of the December 1973 Eligibility Requirements Policy Manual.
The Referral for Financial Exploitation section has been expanded to include policy that will show;
- How the law defines adult abuse,
- Forms of financial exploitation,
- Family Support Division (FSD) reporting requirements, and responsibilities when elderly or adult abuse is suspected, and
- Where to find the FSD legal requirements when release of records in cases of financial exploitation is required.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.