A cancel rejection may occur if a Temporary Assistance (TA) application was rejected incorrectly due to an agency error.
Agency errors include when:
- Information/verification is received timely but not acted on by the agency before the application rejects;
- The agency incorrectly budgets income or enters resources causing an application to reject incorrectly.
A TA application cannot be cancel rejected for a participant error. A new TA application must be completed.
If the rejected TA application was an agency error and is still on the Action Resolution screen (ACTRES/FM50):
- Go to ACTRES/FM50
- Update the screen by entering CRJ in the Action field for the rejected application
- Update the case with any missing verification or information
- Complete an Eligibility Determination Resolution (EDRES/FM3Y)
If the rejected TA application is an agency error and is NOT on the Action Resolution screen (ACTRES/FM50):
- The application should be re-registered back to the original application date.
- Take the application through the controlled flow.
- Authorize the application.