Temporary Assistance/Case Management Manual

0205.030.00 Child Living in the Home of Payee

According to 13 CSR 40-2.310 (6), Temporary Assistance benefits are available only for children living with a parent or other eligible payee in a place of residence maintained as his/her home.

Home is interpreted to mean the family setting maintained or in the process of being established as evidenced by the assumption and continuance of responsibility for the child.

A home exists as long as the parent or other eligible payee takes responsibility for the full physical care and control of the child.