Determine deprivation of support based on continued absence by obtaining documentary or collateral verification. If the absent parent is contacted:
- verify the absent parent does not live in the payee’s home;
- determine the amount of child support payment being paid to the family;
- determine where the children live;
- determine if any medical insurance coverage is provided for the family; and
- obtain the absent parent’s SSN.
Do not discuss assignment of support rights, DCSE activities, or child support payment processes with the absent parent.