A budget adjustment between reinvestigations is REQUIRED when any of the following occur.
- Change in the base rate of pay. This includes, but is not limited to, changes in hourly rate, salary, or piece work rate.
- Employment or loss of employment occurs. This includes, but is not limited to, persons who experience seasonal layoffs.
- Change in the source of income. EXAMPLE: The individual worked full time at a restaurant and is now working full time at a different restaurant.
- Changes in hours worked that are expected to continue. A definite change does not include normal fluctuations in hours worked.
- Requests for an adjustment or reports of a change in income. Complete a budget adjustment when a need is discovered. EXAMPLE: Receive notice that OASDI started or stopped.
Complete the 185 percent income eligibility limit test when adjusting a budget.