Skip to content
IM-#51 July 29, 2010
- The IV-E eligibility specialist (ES) reviews the referral for Title IV-E eligibility for completeness.
- The IV-E ES requests information regarding Children’s Division issues if needed.
- If information contained in an Income Maintenance (IM) case record is needed for the Title IV-E file, the IV-E ES requests this from either the Children’s Service Worker or Income Maintenance.
- If the child is not included in an active IM case, the IV-E ES requests all information from the Children’s Service Worker, who may request information from a closed IM file.
- The IV-E ES has access to all information systems and utilizes these to determine Title IV-E eligibility.
- If the child is Title IV-E eligible, the IV-E ES notifies the Children’s Service Worker.
- If the child is not Title IV-E eligible, the IV-E ES explores eligibility for the Title XIX Federally Funded Program only.
- If the child is not eligible for Title IV-E or Title XIX FFP only, the IV-E ES approves the child for HDN funding and notifies the Children’s Service Worker.
- The IV-E ES maintains a separate file and is responsible for all activity on these cases.