A work-eligible individual is:
- an adult receiving assistance
- a minor child head-of-household receiving assistance; or
- a non-recipient parent living with a child receiving TA (unless the parent is one of the following):
- a minor parent who is not a head-of-household
- an alien who is ineligible due to immigration status
- a recipient of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits on a case-by-case basis
The purpose of the MWA program is to provide parents with job preparation, work, and support services so that children can be cared for in their own homes.
The regulatory basis for Temporary Assistance Case Management is 13 CSR 40-2.370.