A Temporary Assistant (TA) recipient must engage in work activities for a minimum number of hours per week. Appendix H outlines the number of hours a TA recipient must engage in an activity or combination of activities.
The first 20 hours of engagement in an activity (per week) must come from participation in the following eight core activities:
- Unsubsidized Employment;
- Subsidized Private Sector Employment;
- Subsidized Public Sector Employment;
- On-the-Job Training;
- Job Search/Job Readiness;
- Work Experience;
- Community Service; or
- Vocational Educational Training Not to Exceed 12 months.
Some TA recipients must engage in activities above 20 hours per week. The following three (3) non-core activities can only be used to satisfy the hours above 20 hours per week:
- Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment,
- Education Directly Related to Employment, and
- Satisfactory Attendance at Secondary School or in a GED program.