The following activities count as participation in the Work Experience Program:
- Assessments to determine if the Temporary Assistance (TA) recipient is able to pursue or obtain a specific employment opportunity including:
- Assessments performed by MWA case managers to determine past employment, medical and drug history, etc. that may affect the ability to obtain the position.
- A Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assessment to determine the ability to obtain the position.
- Employer required tests such as typing, a physical, psychological, aptitude, personality, and drug tests.
- Alternative Work Experience Program (AWEP) (volunteer employment in a private sector setting).
- Community Work Experience (CWEP) (volunteer employment in a public sector setting).