Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment is any training or education for specific job skills required by an employer to provide a Temporary Assistance (TA) recipient with the ability to obtain employment or to advance or adapt to the changing demands of the workplace. TA recipients can participate in this activity even if they have a high school diploma or GED.
This is a non-core activity for TA recipients.
Countable hours for Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment include:
- Assessment to determine if the TA recipient is able to participate in the educational or training activity
- Customized or general training directly related to a specific job, or to prepare a TA recipient for employment in a particular occupational field
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) or literacy instruction related to a specific job or occupational field
- Post-secondary college programs leading to a baccalaureate or advanced degree and related to a specific job or occupational field
- Distance learning
- Any other educational setting where the TA recipient is gaining knowledge or skills related to a specific job or occupation
- One hour of unsupervised study time for each hour of class time for all programs
- Supervised study time for all programs