The Missouri Work Assistance (MWA) staff participating in the hearing must make every effort to preserve an informal atmosphere in which the recipient feels at ease to present his/her side of the issue in his/her own words and manner.
Witnesses are sworn-in and the Hearing Officer attempts to impartially obtain full disclosure and discussion of facts and evidence essential to the hearing.
The Hearing Officer will:
- exercise authority and control over the hearing process;
- explain the purpose of the hearing;
- explain the ground rules of the hearing;
- review the reason (s) for the case action;
- swear in the witnesses;
- allow presentation of agency’s action and the evidence for the action (by both Family Support Division (FSD) staff and MWA staff); and
- see that a transcript of the hearing is made.