208.024 sets forth penalties for individuals, store owners, or proprietors of establishments that knowingly accept TA EBT cards in violation of this statute:
- for the purchase of:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Lottery tickets
- Tobacco products
- for any transaction in any:
- Liquor store
- Gambling casino
- Gaming establishment
- Retail establishment which provides adult-oriented entertainment in which performers disrobe or perform in an unclothed state, or
- For any item that is primarily marketed for or used by adults eighteen or older and/or is not in the best interest of the child or household.
Individuals, store owners, or proprietors of establishments that knowingly accept TA EBT cards in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of:
- Not more than $500 for the first offense
- Not less than $500 or more than $1,000 for the second offense
- Not less than $1,000 for the third or subsequent offense.
The Family Support Division does not have any authority to enforce penalties on retailers or business establishments. If reports are received of retailers accepting TA EBT in violation of 208.024 RSMo, refer the report to the Investigation Unit at DLS.ReportFraud@dss.mo.gov, or telephone 877- 698-0760 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.