- ALL COUNTY OFFICES
- ALYSON CAMPBELL, DIRECTOR
- DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH, DIVISION OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SUPPORTED COMMUNITY LIVING BASE RATE CHANGE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL NURSING CARE PARTICIPANTS
The purpose of this memorandum is to notify staff of an increase in the base rates for Department of Mental Health (DMH) Supported Community Living arrangements. The DMH, Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) has announced that as of October 1, 2013 base rates for their contracted facilities, including many Residential Care Facilities (RCF) or Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) are increased. Residents in these facilities may be receiving Supplemental Nursing Care (SNC) grants from the Family Support Division (FSD) to assist in paying their facility expenses.
The facility base rate is used when determining eligibility for Supplemental Nursing Care. A change in the base rate may affect the grant amount. As directed in Income Maintenance memorandum IM-106 Department of Mental Health Consumers Receiving Supplemental Nursing Care dated December 20, 2012, FSD staff must review annual and updated DMH contracts and take actions in a timely manner to avoid underpayments and overpayments of the SNC grant.
If notified by DBH of the new base rate, eligibility specialists (ES) are to take action to update the Facility and Placement Information Details (FMJ5) screen with the new base rate and complete an Eligibility Resolution (EDRES) to determine any change. If notification is not received from DBH regarding a base rate change, ES should re-verify the base rate for SNC participants in a DMH contracted placement at the next case action. See the FAMIS User Guide FACILITY AND PLACEMENT INFORMATION DETAILS for further FAMIS entry instructions.
NOTE: DBH rates increased effective October 1, 2013, but they will reduce slightly on July 1, 2014, as a result of annual budget changes. Because the base rate will change again July 1, 2014, local Family Support Division offices are encouraged to develop a tracking mechanism to complete necessary budget adjustments to affected cases in a timely manner for both the October and July changes.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- ES must ensure that the correct facility base rate is entered on the Facility and Placement Information Details screen when notified of change by the DMH or at the time of the next case action.
- Act on changes reported in DMH contracts within 10 days of the receipt of a copy of the contract. See Income Maintenance Manual Section 0630.015.00 CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES