3.5 Case Transfer
When a family has an open FCS case and has moved from the county, staff shall:
- Confirm with the family or safety network contact that the family has moved, or determine when the family is moving.
- Obtain the new address or location of the family.
- Within ten (10) working days record all activities up to the date of last contact.
Family Remains in the State
If the family remains in Missouri, staff shall:
- Evaluate the current risk factors and determine if the case can now be closed. Supervisory consultation is required to obtain approval to close the case.
- If the evaluation of current risk factors indicate the case should remain open, the Children’s Service Worker must contact the Children’s Division office in the new county of the family’s residence to provide a brief summary of why the case is open and the current safety and risk factors within ten (10) working days.
- Complete the Service Worker / Case Transfer Form (CD-175) within ten (10) working days -By completing this form, staff are ensuring that all relevant documentation pertinent to the case is updated in FACES for the receiving county. This will ensure that the receiving county can provide adequate and appropriate services.
- The new county of residence shall verify residence and authorize the case to be transferred within ten (10) working days.
- Upon authorization from the new county of residence to transfer the family (by phone, return of Form CD-175, or an e-mail response), update the Family-Centered Services Information screen, in FACES and transfer the case record.
Family Moves from the State
If the family has moved out of Missouri, staff shall:
- Evaluate the current risk factors and determine if the case closure is appropriate. Supervisory consultation is required to assist in this determination.
- If the current risk factors indicate the case closure would not be appropriate if the family had remained in Missouri, contact the public child protection agency in the new state of residence by letter or phone, depending on the evaluation of risk. Provide the following information:
- A summary of why the case was opened, and
- A summary of current risk factors
- For case closure when the case record will not be transferred out of state, go to the FCS Information page, enter the case number and click on the function closing button.