Effective Date: 5-1-19
The Children’s Service Worker shall complete necessary administrative activities, as follows, per local office procedures:
- Set up or update case record and complete documentation (see Section 5 for detailed information)
- Complete Emergency Assistance information in FACES
- Apply for Social Security number for a newborn child, if needed
- Obtain copy of birth certificate for all children entering care
- Refer child to the Eligibility Analyst by completing the appropriate area in FACES. The Eligibility Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Determine IV-E, FFP, and HDN eligibility
- Refer parent(s) to the Family Support Division – Child Support Enforcement (FSD-CSE). If a parent’s whereabouts are unknown, FSD-CSE will complete an absent parent search via the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS).
- Complete the Third Party Resource Form, TLP-1
- Notify Family Support Division of child’s placement, if applicable.
- Complete ongoing documentation in the FACES system