Base a participant’s continued eligibility on information collected before the participant left Missouri, together with information subsequently received and correspondence with the participant. Update the Personal Details (PRSNDTL) screen to show the out-of-state address as the mailing address. Generate a Review form in FAMIS from the TA/MA Review History (REINVEST) screen (F14=ADDREIN) for each case in which the participant is or plans to be out of State for 90 or more days regardless of when the last investigation was conducted.
Carefully review the completed MO HealthNet Eligibility Review Information (FA402) form to determine:
- that Missouri residence has not been abandoned
- eligibility continues on other factors
- what adjustment, if any, must be made in benefits
When the review determines that residence has been abandoned, an Adverse Action to close the case should be authorized in FAMIS; except when it is verified by another state that they are receiving benefits, then a Worker Initiated Close must be authorized to discontinue benefits immediately.
If it is determined the applicant/participant is only temporarily absent and intends to retain Missouri residency:
- Assistance is continued
- Enter a comment at the Eligibility Unit Member Role (EUMEMROL) screen to document the decision
- Set a Reminder FAMIS to contact the individual at the time of their anticipated return