When a child reaches age 18, but before attaining age 19, and can be reasonably expected to complete their education in one of the following: a secondary school, an equivalent vocational training or a technical training, they may remain eligible under MO HealthNet for Families (MHF).
If a child reaches age 18 and is completing their education:
- their coverage may remain at MHF
- parents/caretaker relatives in the household receiving MHF may continue to receive MHF while the 18-year-old child is completing their education
If a child reaches age 18 and is NOT attending secondary school:
- their coverage must change to MHK
- parents/caretaker relatives in the household receiving MHF may no longer be eligible if there are no other children in the home
- An ex parte review must be completed for the parent/caretaker relative if they are no longer eligible for MHF.
Student status is verified by self-attestation unless questionable. If the student status is questionable, the School Verification Report (IM-10) may be used. A school official should complete and sign the IM-10.