DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: MAGI MO HEALTHNET FOR FAMILIES (MHF) STUDENT EXTENSION CLARIFICATION
- MANUAL REVISION #42
This memorandum provided clarification to the MAGI MO HealthNet Policy manual sections, 1885.005.00 Age Out and 1810.020.20.20 Eligibility for 18 year-olds.
Section 208.040 RSMo states to be eligible for MO HealthNet for Families (MHF), a child must be under the age of 19 years. However, the child must be a high school student and expected to graduate high school, to receive MHF between the ages of 18 and 19. This is also known as the MHF Student Extension.
Additional clarification has also been included to clarify:
- additional information regarding the parent/caretaker coverage during the MHF Student Extension period, and
- student status is verified by self-attestation. If the student status is questionable, additional information should be requested.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.