Mandatory participants who fail to comply with work registration requirements and do not have good cause or do not meet another work registration exemption or exclusion are determined ineligible for participation in the Food Stamp Program. This ineligibility lasts for a period of time based on whether the noncompliance is the first, second, third, or subsequent occurrence. An individual is considered to be in non-compliance if s/he:
- Refuses, at the time of application or reapplication to register for work,
- Refuses, without good cause, to participate in an employment and training program,
- Refuses, without good cause, to accept an offer of employment, provided the offer of employment meets the suitability criteria,
- Refuses, without good cause, to provide sufficient information to allow a determination of his/her employment status or job availability,
- Fails to comply with Temporary Assistance work requirements or unemployment compensation requirements,
- Quits a job voluntarily and without good cause, or
- Reduces, voluntarily and without good cause, his/her work efforts causing him/her to work less than 30 hours per week.