FAMIS notifies the EU, in writing, when an EU member has failed to comply with DWD by generating and automatically mailing the FA-601 Informational Notice. The FA-601 Informational Notice notifies the EU:
- which EU member failed to comply,
- the EU has 10 days from the date of the notice to contact the Family Support Division to determine if the EU member meets an exemption or has good cause,
- what the EU member must do to comply,
- the penalty for non-compliance, and
- if the EU member complies within 10 days no action will be taken.
If there is no change to the non-complying EU member’s work assessment code or no good cause code entered on the Employment Assessment (FMMS) screen by the expiration of the FA-601, FAMIS generates the FA-510 Adverse Action Notice and creates the sanction. An alert is sent stating “Action not Authorized”. If the action is not authorized to send the FA-510 Adverse Action Notice within 10 days, FAMIS authorizes and automatically mails the form. The FA-510 Adverse Action Notice notifies the EU:
- what action will be taken,
- when the action will be taken,
- why the action is being taken, and
- of their hearing rights.
The EU may request a hearing due to the adverse action on the case. The hearing may be requested in person, in writing, or by telephone. (Refer to instructions for the Application for State Hearing.)
If the FA-510 Adverse Action Notice is not put on hold or voided (refer to the Changing An Adverse Action Status user guide), the non-complying EU member is removed or the case closed. The FA-150 Claimant Action Notice is sent to the EU notifying the EU:
- what action was taken,
- the effective date for the action,
- the amount of benefits they will receive, if applicable, and
- of their hearing rights
The FA-151 Food Stamp Budget Summary is included with the FA-150. Forms can be viewed on the Document Queue (DOCQUE/FMVM) or Document History (DOCHST/FMVR) screens.