Refer to Special Application Procedures for EU members who are considered students in an institution of higher education for eligibility purposes. Income for students in an institution of higher learning and students in other post secondary school/training is budgeted in the same manner.
Educational income is excluded. FAMIS excludes the following education income (ED):
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BI);
- WIA Student Tuition (JS);
- Student Assistance Title IV (NA);
- Student Assistance Not Title IV Funded (N4);
- Vet’s Education Assistance (CC Compensation) (VC);
- Vet’s Education Assistance (Not CC Compensation) (VE)’ and the following sources of earned income (EI):
- Work Study – Not Title IV Funded (WK); and
- Work Study – Title IV Funded (W4).
Enter student income on the Income (FMX0) screen. Type or prompt for the appropriate income source code. Enter the income amount of educational assistance on the Income Amount (FMX3) screen. Determine the number of months remaining in the intended period of coverage and type or prompt for the appropriate frequency and calculation method codes. Student income may be received during or after the period it is intended to cover.