A Notice of Expiration (FA-520) is system generated on the 15th of the month prior to the end of the certification for most EUs and advises the EU of the following:
- the food stamp certification period is going to expire;
- by what date the EU must reapply in order to receive uninterrupted benefits;
- food stamp benefits will be prorated from the date of application if application is not made prior to the end of the certification;
- the EU may reapply by mail, fax, or in person;
- an interview must be completed; and
- verification must be provided within ten days of the request.
An FS-1 Application for Food Stamp Benefits and IM-31F Instructions for Making your Food Stamp Application and Food Stamp Rights form are sent with the automated Notice of Expiration.
An NOE is sent on the 15th day of the month to all food stamp EUs approved prior to the 15th.
An NOE is sent with the approval notice for all EUs approved after the 15th of the month prior to the end of the certification period. FAMIS calculates 17 days from the date of approval for notification to the EU. If the 17th day is a weekend or holiday, FAMIS Uses the first working day after the 17th day as the date by which a timely reapplication must be made.