IM-68 July 26, 2013; IM-26 March 19, 2004
FAMIS notifies the EU in writing of an approval by generating the FA-150 Action Notice and automatically mailing the notice. The FA-150 advises the EU of:
- FS allotment amount
- certification period beginning and ending dates
- variations in benefit level based on changes anticipated at the time of certification
- an explanation of the initial allotment if it includes benefits for both the month of application and the next month, and a statement indicating the monthly allotment for the remainder of the certification period
- the right to a fair hearing and the name and telephone number of the person to contact for further information
- the telephone number of any individual or organization providing free legal representation, if such individual or organization is available
- the obligation to report changes in circumstances
- the need to reapply for continued participation at the end of the certification period
- how the EU will receive the benefit; and
- any other information useful to the EU
FAMIS sends the FA-151 Food Stamp Budget Summary, and the FA-543 or FA-544 Change Report form according to the type of reporting requirements to which the EU is subject.
FAMIS sends a notice of expiration if the EU is certified for one month only or if the EU is certified for two or three months in the month following the month of application.
FAMIS sends an FA-150 at rejection that notifies the EU of the following:
- the reason for rejection
- the EU’s right to a fair hearing and the name and telephone number of the person to contact for additional information; and
- the telephone number of any individual or organization providing free legal representation, if any such individual or organization is available
The EU may request a hearing due to the adverse action on the case. The hearing may be requested in person, in writing, or by telephone. Refer to instructions for the Application for State Hearing.
Forms can be viewed on the Document Queue (DOCQUE/FMVM) or Document History (DOCHST/FMVR) screens.