EUs with a student(s) in an institution of higher education must meet the eligibility requirements with the necessary verification and recording for:
- citizenship (see 1105.010.00 Citizenship and Immigrant Status)
- residency (see 1105.005.00 Residency)
- EU determination (see 1105.015.00 Eligibility Unit Determination)
- resources (see 1110.000.00 Resources)
- income (see 1115.000.00 Income)
The income and resources of an ineligible student in an institution of higher education living with an EU are not considered in determining the eligibility or level of benefits of the EU. Expenses paid from the ineligible student’s income are not allowed as expenses and deductions for the remainder of the EU.
If an ineligible student and another EU member share an expense, prorate the expense and budget only the amount paid by the other DU member.
Enter both the income belonging to and expenses paid by the student on the appropriate screens. FAMIS determines whether or not the income and expenses are included based on the student eligibility.
An ineligible student’s role on the EU Member Role (FM3Z) screen and EU Summary (FM0J) screen is IC (included) with a role reason STU (ineligible student).