When the head of the EU dies enter the action in the system, determine if the report is verified upon receipt or if verification is required.
- If the report is verified upon receipt authorize the action. Follow notice of adverse action procedures.
- If verification is required, such as a Social Security death match, send a Request for Contact (FA-331) to the EU.
- If verification of the death is obtained, authorize the action to close the case. Follow notice of adverse action procedures.
- If verification is required but not provided, authorize an Adverse Action Worker Close (AAWC) with reason code COO Failure to Cooperate.
If remaining EU members wish to continue to participate in the Food Stamp Program, the new head of EU must submit a new application.
NOTE: List of Death Records Matching IM Records (FIM31420) reports based on a death certificate/client data exchange with the Bureau of Vital Records of the Missouri Department of Health are considered verified upon receipt for all EUs. Close an EU’s case based upon information received on the FIM31420.
Death Matches from the Social Security Administration are not considered verified upon receipt.
If an EU reports the head of EU left the home, and the remaining EU members wish to continue receiving Food Stamp benefits:
- Take a new application for the remaining EU members.
- Remove the applicant EU members from the active case.
- Leave the former head of EU’s case active, if eligible.