This section applies only to Adult Cash and MO HealthNet programs. .
The following are links to manual sections for the stated Income Maintenance programs:
- Food Stamps –000.00 APPLICATION PROCESS
- Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) – 1802.000.00 Applications.
- Temporary Assistance- 203.000.00 Application Processing
- Childcare – 000.00 Processing Requests for Services
It is the right of any individual to apply for assistance, including individuals who are clearly ineligible. Each applicant must complete a written application to apply. Applicants have the right to appeal any decision made regarding their application.
IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THESE RIGHTS TO ALL APPLICANTS, EACH PERSON REQUESTING ASSISTANCE IN A FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION (FSD) OFFICE WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION.
Ensure the individual understands that a completed application is required:
- at the time of initial application for Cash or MO HealthNet benefits.
- upon re-application.
NOTE: A signed application is not required to move from one MO HealthNet program to another MO HealthNet only program. However, a signed application is required to move from a MO HealthNet only program to a Cash assistance program, such as Blind Pension, Supplemental Aid to the Blind, or Supplemental Nursing Care.