Give participant training to each applicant, authorized representative, protective payee, or other interested party during the application process. Additional training is given as requested.
Give an IM-4 EBT out during every application and by request. Discuss the following topics with the applicant:
- What is EBT?
- How will I get an EBT card and PIN?
- Who can use the EBT card and PIN?
- What do I need to do?
- Where do I use my EBT card?
- What fees will I pay?
- What are my rights and responsibilities?
- Is additional training available?
It is imperative that the EBT process is explained in a comprehensive, easily understood manner.
Emphasize the following during the training:
- the EBT card is mailed out active
- a personal identification number (PIN) is necessary to use an EBT card
- explain the participant will select their PIN by phoning 800-997-7777
- advise the participant they may change a PIN by calling 800-997-7777
- the household member(s) must report stolen, lost, or damaged cards immediately to the EBT Vendor Help Desk at 800-997-7777 or to the FSD at 855-373-4636. It is very important to stress the card should be replaced immediately when it is damaged or defective. Allow the participant to use their available benefits first then cancel the damaged card and replace.
- SNAP and cash benefits are available each month at 6:00 a.m. central standard time based on the availability of benefits schedule (see 0150.040.00 Availability of Benefits)
- SNAP benefits issued outside the regular cycle are available the day following completion of the transaction.
- Cash benefits issued outside the regular cycle are available 5 days following completion of the transaction.
- The household member(s) may call the EBT vendor help desk at 800-977-7777 or the FSD at 855-373-4636 with questions or problems.