Advise the applicant it is the responsibility of the cardholder to:
- promptly report if the card is lost, stolen, or damaged by:
- calling 1-800-997-7777, or
- calling the caseworker/county office;
- memorize the PIN or keep it in a place away from the card;
- promptly report a change of address so a card/PIN can be delivered through the mail.
It is imperative that the cardholder does not give the card or PIN to anyone other than household members or write the PIN on the card. This is to prevent other individuals from using the card. If someone other than the cardholder or other household member uses the card without permission after the cardholder receives it, food stamp benefits will not be replaced. If a card is reported stolen, lost, or never received, and food stamp benefits are then lost from the account, the benefits may be replaced. If a manual food stamp voucher is completed by someone outside the household without the household’s permission, benefits may be replaced. Cash benefits are not replaced under any circumstances.