Step 1. In Legacy:
- This process is for Legacy only cases: Type the tran-id IIRS, space, and the individual DCN.
- Press Enter.
The IIRS screen displays the following case information at the top of the screen:
- The participants DCN, name, SSN, and SSN verification code;
- The case number, case name and current case status for all the cases the individual is associated with; and
- The individual’s current status within each case.
The IIRS screen displays the following unearned income information reported by IRS at the bottom of the screen:
- The date the IRS information was loaded into the system:
- The participants SSN, name (payee) and address; (on the left)
- The name of the source of the income (payer) and the payer’s address; (on the right)
- The tax year;
- The amount of income;
- The code for the type of income (IRS Income Code chart); and
- A description of the type of income.
- If only one type of income was reported a message “Inquiry Complete” displays at the bottom of the screen.
- If more than one type of income has been reported by IRS for the participant, a message “More Data Available” displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Press Enter to access the additional information. The system continues to display the available information as Enter is pressed. When all information has been accessed, the message “Inquiry Complete” displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Press Enter to return to the first page of the IIRS screen.
- The message “Do Not Print This Screen” displays at the bottom of each screen. This is a reminder of the IRS security requirements.
DO NOT PRINT THIS SCREEN.
- To indicate that the unearned income reported has already been verified in the case record:
- After viewing unearned income information and comparing it to information in the case record, type X in the verify field above the payee’s SSN if the information is already known to the case.
- Press Enter.
- The IIRS screen displays the current date in the Date field after the Enter key is pressed.
- If the verify indicator (X) is entered in error, type a zero over the X to erase the indicator.