When information is retrieved from the EVS, staff must:
- Make a detailed comment in the electronic case record regarding:
- the information received;
- the specific EVS source that provided the information; and
- case action taken.
- Enter the correct verification information in the eligibility system. Refer to the user guides for each EVS source for detailed instructions.
- Sources that have Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requirements, such as Accuity and Benefit Assessment/Accurint for Government Eligibility, have unique verification codes that cause the appropriate FCRA language to be included on notices regarding adverse actions.
NOTE: When action is taken on one case, it may impact the participant’s other income maintenance cases.
A copy of the EVS match must be added to the participant’s electronic case record. Reminder: IBTH, IDTH, and IRS Match information should never be added to the electronic case record.
When cases are rejected, closed, or have a reduction in level of care due to information provided by the EVS, participants will receive the appropriate notices informing them:
- of the determination;
- when applicable, the notice will inform participants that information from a match with a consumer reporting agency was used to determine eligibility and provide contact information for the consumer reporting agency that provided the information;
- to advise the participant of the timeframe for disputing the determination; and
- to contact FSD within 90 days from the date of the notice if they disagree with the agency’s decision and wish to request a hearing.