Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: ELECTRONIC VERIFICATION SYSTEM (EVS) MANUAL UPDATES
MANUAL REVISION #
Updates made to:
- simplify the EVS manual,
- reflect current data sources used by the Family Support Division (FSD),
- general terminology, and
- document FSD’s updated interpretation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requirements.
- Authorization to use EVS, including sources that have FCRA requirements, is received when a valid application is received.
- The authorization to review EVS data sources remains valid until:
- FSD rejects the application;
- Benefits are terminated; or
- FSD receives a written and signed revocation.
- Review this memorandum and manual section updates with appropriate staff.