EVS sources must be utilized in the manner listed below. Use of any EVS source outside of the parameters listed below is strictly prohibited.
Refer to manual section 0110.060.15 Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Authorization to determine if the Family Support Division (FSD) has the appropriate authorization to match an individual’s information with a Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) source such as Accuity or Benefit Assessment.
NOTE: When determining if an EVS source should be utilized, an application refers to an initial application as well as requests to add an individual to a case in which that individual is requesting benefits, or adding a level of coverage such as Blind Pension or vendor coverage to an active MO HealthNet case. Adding an individual to a case in which they are not requesting coverage is considered a change in circumstance, not an application.
Current standard processes must be applied to determine which eligibility unit members are matched with each individual source.
Use the following hierarchy when accessing EVS sources. Not all sources are used for all programs. If one source indicates ineligibility, the remainder of the EVS sources may not need to be reviewed.
- Program Participation Analyzer: Portal accessed for MO HealthNet (MHN) applications and annual renewals. Matches to be submitted for all eligibility unit members.
- IMES: Must be accessed at application and annual renewal for all programs, and as needed for changes in circumstance. Refer to Manual Section 0110.025.05 Earned Income for details.
- IIVE – SVES-Wire Third Party Query: Must be accessed at application and annual renewal for all programs, and as needed for changes in circumstance.
- Missouri Automated Child Support System (MACSS): Accessed as needed for applications, annual renewals, and changes in circumstance for all programs.
- Federal Hub: Refer to Family MHN Manual Section 000.02 Federal Hub Calls for information regarding using the Federal Hub for the Family MO HealthNet program.
- Accuity: Must be accessed for MO Healthnet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) cases at the time of application and annual renewal. Matches must only be submitted for applicants, recipients, and non-applying or non-receiving eligibility unit members who have signed the Authorization for Verification (IM-6EVS) form.
- In the case of a reapplication due to a recent case closure or rejection, an Accuity response is valid for 90 days from receipt if it is consistent with the participant’s statements on the new application or annual renewal form. If the reapplication is a result of excessive resources that were indicated by the Accuity match, request a bank statement or printout to confirm the current balance and to resolve any questions regarding potential improper transfers of property for the MHABD program.
- Example: G’s annual renewal was processed and an Accuity match was received on November 10, 2020. His case closed on December 1, 2020 because requested income verification was not provided. On December 22, 2020 Mr. G submitted a new application without the requested income verification. The closing of his case could not be canceled because all of the requested information was not provided. When Mr. G’s application was processed a new Accuity match was not requested because the match dated November 10, 2020 matched Mr. G’s statements on the application form. A Request for Information was sent to Mr. G regarding the income verification that was still required.
- Benefit Assessment: Accurint for Government Eligibility portal to be accessed as needed for MO HealthNet cases at application and annual renewal to verify information regarding real estate, personal property, and incarceration. The portal can be reviewed to match for deceased information if the information cannot be verified using IDTH, IDSS, IIVE, or other electronic verification methods.
NOTE: Benefit Assessment is not required to be reviewed at application or annual renewal unless additional information is needed for the eligibility determination.