IM-112 September 16, 2002; IM-81 April, 26, 2001
If the claimant meets the December 1973 OAA, PTD, or AB eligibility requirements, determine need based on adjusted gross income. Determine the adjusted gross income as follows:
- Determine whose needs and income must be considered.
- Determine the gross earned and non-earned income.
- Determine the adjusted earned income by subtracting the standard earned income deductions from the gross earned income.
- Add the non-earned income to the adjusted earned income.
- Subtract the applicable income exemptions/deductions.
- Round down to the nearest whole dollar amount.
NOTE: Complete a separate computation for each month, if there have been changes in income.