IM-45 May 3, 2023; IM-33 March 29, 2012
If the institutionalized participant has minor children who do not live with a community spouse, use the following method to determine the allotment amount.
Allow the allotment to the minor child after allotments to the community spouse and dependents who live with the community spouse.
- Using MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) household rules, determine the budget group for the minor child(ren) (see 1810.020.20 Construction of MAGI Household for MHF).
- Using MHF income rules, determine the gross income of the minor child (see 1810.20.10 Income Maximums/Need). Do not count any income excludable by MHF rules (see 1805.030.20.10 Income Excluded Under MAGI).
- Determine the adjusted gross income by subtracting any deductions allowable by MHF rules from the gross income (see 1805.030.20.15 Allowable Deductions).
- Determine the deficit by subtracting the adjusted gross income of the minor child from the July 1996 AFDC percentage of need standard determined by the budget group (see Appendix D – July 1996 Percentage of Need Standard).
- The amount of the allotment may be up to but not exceed the amount of the deficit.