Increase in the surplus amount:
- If the participant’s surplus amount increases after the initial vendor determination, when the action is authorized in FAMIS, the system generates an Adverse Action Notice (FA-420).
- The change in surplus amount will be effective the first day of the month following the month in which the Adverse Action Notice (FA-420) expires.
- FAMIS generates the MO HealthNet Action Notice (FA-450) and the MO HealthNet Vendor Notice (FA-465) at the end of the advance notice period.
- NOTE: If the participant requests a hearing during the advance notice period, no action may be taken to increase the surplus until the hearing decision is received and the agency is upheld. To prevent FAMIS from increasing the surplus update the Action Resolution screen( ACTRES or FM50) Status to HOL HOLD.
Decrease in the surplus amount:
- If the participant’s surplus amount decreases after the initial vendor determination, no Notice of Adverse Action is required.
- The decrease in the surplus amount must be effective no later than the first day of the month following the month in which the change, that caused the surplus amount to decrease, is reported.
- If the decreased surplus is not authorized in FAMIS to meet the effective date, Worker Initiated Budget Calculations (WIBCA) need to be completed with comments, to include verification of the income and expenses and the date of the change report and the details of the change reported. Complete a WIBCA for each month, following the month the change report is received, that the vendor surplus should have been decreased. From the Select Worker Initiated Budget Calculation Area screen (SELWIBCA or FMXH) press F14=ADDWIBCA.
- FAMIS generates the MO HealthNet Notice (FA-450) and the MO HealthNet Vendor Notice (FA-465) after the case action is authorized.