If a child under the age of 18 enters an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) or a Nursing Facility (NF), the eligibility determination procedure will depend on whether the child is disabled.
If the child is disabled, determine eligibility using MO HealthNet for Disabled Children (MHDC) criteria (see 0805.020.00 Medical Assistance for Disabled Children (MADC)).
- If the child meets the definition of living with his/her parent(s) at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for 30 days or less):
- Deem the resources of the parent(s) when determining eligibility.
- Deem the income of the parents according to 0805.020.15 Deeming Parental Income when completing the surplus computation.
- If the disabled child was not living with his/her parent at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for more than 30 days):
- Consider only the individual child (and his/her spouse’s) resources when determining eligibility. Do not deem the resources of the parents.
- Do not deem the income of the parent(s) when completing the surplus determination.
If the child is not disabled, determine eligibility for a child under age 18 based on MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) (see 1810.000.00 MO HealthNet for Families (MHF)) or MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) criteria for poverty level children (see 1830.000.00 MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) – Non-CHIP Coverage).