Allow the allotment to the minor child after allotments to the community spouse and dependents who live with the community spouse.
- Using MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) assistance group rules, determine the budget group for the minor child(ren). (See Section 0905.012.10.)
- Using MHF income rules, determine the gross income of the minor child See Section 0905.012.60. Do not count any income excludable by MHF rules. (See Section 0905.012.75.)
- Determine the adjusted gross income by subtracting any deductions allowable by MHF rules from the gross income. (See Section 0905.012.65 and Section 0905.012.70.)
- Determine the deficit by subtracting the adjusted gross income of the minor child from the July 1996 AFDC percentage of need standard determined by the budget group. (See Appendix D).
- The amount of the allotment may be up to but not exceed the amount of the deficit.