If a child under the age of 18 enters an institution for the developmentally disabled (IMR) or a nursing facility (NF), the eligibility determination procedure will depend on whether the child is disabled.
If the child is disabled:
- Determine eligibility using MO HealthNet for Disabled Children (MHDC) criteria. See Section 0805.020.00.
If the child meets the definition of living with his/her parent(s) at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for 30 days or less):
- Deem the resources of the parent(s) when determining eligibility.
- Deem the income of the parents according to Section 0805.020.15 when completing the surplus computation.
If the disabled child was not living with his/her parent at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for more than 30 days):
- Consider only the individual child (and his/her spouse’s) resources when determining eligibility. Do not deem the resources of the parents.
- Do not deem the income of the parent(s) when completing the surplus determination.
If the child is not disabled:
- Determine eligibility for a child under age 18 based on MHF (See 1810.000.00 MO HealthNet for Families (MHF)) or MHK criteria for poverty level children (See 1830.000.00 MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) Non-Chip Coverage).
Note: Children institutionalized temporarily who are eligible at this level of care, will be immediately dis-enrolled from Managed Care.