The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 established presumptive eligibility (PE) criteria to include parents and caretaker relatives of children ages 0 through 18. In addition to the eligibility requirements in section 1900.020.00 Eligibility Requirements, parents and caretaker relatives must meet the following requirements:
- Not be pregnant or eligible for PE for Pregnant Women (either TEMP or SMHB-PE)
- MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) relationship criteria (1805.030.10.07 Relationships)
- Have income at or below the MHF guidelines (see Appendix A – MAGI Income With 5% of FPL Included and CHIP Premium Amounts)
- There must be a child in the home under the age of 19 over which the parent/caretaker relative has assumed primary care and responsibility.
- There can be no more than one period of PE eligibility within 12-months starting with the effective date of the initial PE period.