Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: PRESUMPTIVE ELIGIBILITY (PE) MANUAL UPDATED WITH NEW QUALIFIED ENTITIES (QE), REMOVAL OF ESTIMATED DUE DATE FOR TEMP, AND PROGRESSION OF PE DETERMINATIONS
MANUAL REVISION #
FORM REVISION #
The PE Manual has been updated to add the following facilities as QEs:
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs); and
- Comprehensive Substance Treatment and Rehabilitation (CSTAR) facilities.
CMHCs and CSTARS, along with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Centers (RHCs), can begin making PE determinations once the Family Support Division (FSD) has received a new executed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and QE staff have completed the revised training. These facilities are now allowed to determine PE for all PE programs, with the exception of BCCT-PE.
When determining PE for adults, the following order must be followed when screening:
- PE for Pregnant Women (TEMP or SMHB-PE),
- PE for Parents/Caretaker Relatives (MHF-PE),
- PE for Former Foster Care Youth (FFCY-PE), and
- PE for Adult Expansion Group (AEG-PE).
For Temporary MO HealthNet During Pregnancy (TEMP) coverage, estimated due date is no longer required.
PE policy and forms have been updated to show the new QE facilities, the progression of PE determinations, and removal of the estimated due date.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.