Temporary Assistance/Case Management Manual

0275.020.10.10 Regular Unsubsidized Employment, Employment by a Temporary Agency, Paid Clinicals, Paid Apprenticeships, Paid Internships, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment

IM-37 June 17, 2011

Regular unsubsidized employment, employment by a temporary agency, paid clinical, page apprenticeships, paid internships, substance abuse and mental health treatment paid by the employer are documented through wage stubs or the MWA Attendance Log form.

When the employee has not worked long enough or the employer has not provided written documentation, the MWA case manager must verbally verify the information with the employer and record the information on the MWA Employment Verification form. The pay for substance abuse and mental health treatment is likely recorded with the “regular” pay and should be transparent.

A paid hour at the worksite or treatment facility is considered an hour worked at the activity. After documentation is obtained, enter the hours under the Unsubsidized Employment service on the Participation Hours Verification or Mass Participation Hours Verification screen in the MWA System. The documentation is placed in the paper file.