The MWA Job Search Log documents:
- completing in-person applications;
- attending interview either on the phone or in-person;
- responding to classified advertisements;
- completing on-line applications either at home or at the employer’s worksite;
- attending, completing employment applications, and speaking with potential employers at job fairs;
- online research through MissouriCareerSource.com; and
- travel time between multiple interviews or job search activities.
Documentation should be returned and reviewed weekly, but in rare cases may be returned bi-weekly.
A countable hour is equal to an hour completing one of these activities. After documentation is obtained, the hours are entered under the Job Search Assistance service on the Participation Hours Verification or the Mass Participation Hours Verification screen in the MWA System. The documentation is placed in the paper file.
The MWA Assessment Verification form documents:
- bi-weekly, post-job search assessment, including:
- information obtained from the TA recipient and MWA Job Search log to assess for deficiencies and strengths;
- reviewing the MWA Job Search log to verify at least one of the contacts;
- reviewing each log for completeness;
- modifying the Individual Employment Plan (IEP) based on the search; and
- suggesting strategies.
Verification of one contact on the log is completed by:
- case manager contacting the employer;
- participant providing print-out information showing he/she applied for a position; or
- participant providing job fair flyer and applications from booths, etc.
If the Missouri Work Assistance (MWA) case manager believes there are contacts on the MWA Job Search Log that are inaccurate, review more than one contact. Actual hours are not recorded for any falsified contacts. The MWA case manager should contact the employer as a last resort. Contacting the employer can be an inconvenience for the employer who may receive several phone calls for verification and may these contacts may negatively impact the employer’s perception of the recipient.
A countable hour is equal to a paid hour being assessed. After documentation is obtained, the hours are entered under the Job Search Assistance service on the Participation Hours Verification or the Mass Participation Hours Verification screen in the MWA System. The documentation is placed in the paper file. Case notes are entered indicating which hour(s) of this activity are assessment hours.